Today I have come up with process of rooting Nokia-X Android phone and installing Google Applications.
A Nokia-X phone(v10.0.3)
Few More Google Apps
Hello after a long time!
After hearing the news that Google released Android 4.3 update for Nexus devices. I tried checking for update in my Nexus 7 tablet(2012 version). It disappoints.
However, I found a way to update it through a trick. Here we go!
Step 0:[Optional] Uninstall all the unofficial applications(other than Google built-in apps) and delete the users created.
Once rooting the HTC Wildfire-S, I wanted to try out few Custom ROMs, lets get directly to the process.
WildChild ROM (Gingerbread)IceCream Sandwich
WildChild Sense based ROMIceCream Sandwich ROM
Pick your desired Android OS and download appropriately.
HTC Wildfire S(Marvel)
Memory Card and cable
Hacked Boot Drivers
ADB n Fastboot
SuperUser for WFS(Root file)
Unlocking the bootloader
- Goto -> HTC Dev. Use Internet Explorer.
- Register an account and login using the same.
- Select your device(HTC Wildfire S) from the dropdown and click ‘Begin Unlock Bootloader’
- Accept the disclaimers and download the respective RUU from the displayed page based on your location/operator.
- Follow the 10 step instructions and unlock the bootloader.
Ok.. After my effors with rooting my Android.. I decided to try my hands on this new exercise of installing CyanogenMod in HTC Wildfire.
Note: Proceed with caution. I cannot be held responsible if you end up bricking your phone. Happy hacking !!
Google Apps Addon(Optional)
Lots of patience…….
This time, for a difference, we decided to get something done with our Android phones. And, the first thing which popped into our heads were rooting our phones to do a bit of frenzy action.
Cutting to the chase, let me get down to the actual process.
- An Android mobile phone (obviously) . For this process, we used a HTC Wildfire A3333 (Running on Eclair[2.1] or Froyo[2.2.1]). If you are in doubt check your device (Settings->About Phone->Software Information->Android Version)
- The HTC Wildfire serial number should start with HT0******* [Its a Zero, not an O]
- Memory card and cable
- ADB Drivers ( A quicker way to do this, is to install HTC Sync and then uninstall it. We only need the drivers, not the sync software)
- Hacked Boot Drivers (Download them here)
- The “Revolutionary” tool. (Download windows here)
- The Root file (Download them here (8890))