Installing or Upgrading iOS is an easy task when you have high-speed internet. But when you have a dial-up or low bandwidth connection, and nowadays Apple Servers are overloaded with download requests, it’s a tough task for the users.
Warning: The Install process will erase all the data in your device. So, Kindly backup your data to your iTunes or iCloud before proceeding . I cannot be held responsible for your data in any way!
I’m taking you through the process directly
- An iDevice
- A USB or Lightning cable depending on your device
- A good Download Manager, I’ve used IDM
- OS UpdateFile(*.ipsw), Download Update based on your device and model
Install the Download Manager and start downloading the update file using the Download Manager. Download Manager helps you to pause/resume the download.Once the download completes, keep it handy in a known folder.
.::Installation of iOS::.
- Install the iTunes software and connect the device to the Computer/Laptop through the cable that came with it
- iTunes will get opened once you connect or Open iTunes manually
- [Optional for New Install users] Click ‘Check for Update’ and click ‘Cancel’ in the Download popup window
- Once you see a screen like below, hold Shift key(Option Key in Macintosh) select Restore or Update i’Device’
- A popup window opens and asks you to select the OS file(*.ipsw)
- Select the downloaded latest Updatefile(*.ipsw))
- Then press ‘Ok’ and you’ll see the update starts in your iDevice(Apple logo comes up with a progress bar
- Once the installation is done, you’ll see a screen like below to start your Apple Device Activation
- That’s all folks!! In-case you have any doubts, you can always ask me!!
iTunes: 11.3.1 for Windows 64bit
New OS: iOS 7.1.2
Base Operating System: Windows 8.1 64bit
Upgraded iPhone 5S with iOS 8.0.2. Works flawlessly.
Warning: Missing argument 1 for cwppos_show_review(), called in /home/thedaz5/public_html/source/wp-content/themes/flat/content-single.php on line 29 and defined in /home/thedaz5/public_html/source/wp-content/plugins/wp-product-review/includes/legacy.php on line 18