Unlocking the bootloader
- Goto -> HTC Dev. Use Internet Explorer.
- Register an account and login using the same.
- Select your device(HTC Wildfire S) from the dropdown and click ‘Begin Unlock Bootloader’
- Accept the disclaimers and download the respective RUU from the displayed page based on your location/operator.
- Follow the 10 step instructions and unlock the bootloader.
- After successfully unlocking the bootloder(***UNLOCKED*** in Bootloader screen), we need to install CWM.
- Switch on your phone and connect to your PC in Disk Drive mode.
- Place the attached ClockWorkMod Recovery(PG76IMG.zip) in root of the Memory card.
- Switch off your device and then switch it on in Bootloader mode(Volume down + Power) and wait for some time.
- Then proceed with the installation and then reboot your device.
Rooting HTC Wildfire S
- Connect to PC in Disk Drive Mode and place the root.zip in the root of the memory card.
- Boot into device Bootloader and enter into Recovery.
- Select ‘Install Zip from SD card’ and select the root.zip.
- Wait till the flashing completes. Power down.
- Start the phone and you should see a SuperUser app.
That’t it, your mobile is rooted. 🙂
Let me know, if you face any issues.
The mobile I rooted is bought in India and I selected htc_Asia_WWE RUU during the process of unlocking the bootloader.
Warning: Missing argument 1 for cwppos_show_review(), called in /home/thedaz5/public_html/source/wp-content/themes/flat/content-single.php on line 29 and defined in /home/thedaz5/public_html/source/wp-content/plugins/wp-product-review/includes/legacy.php on line 18