Ok.. After my effors with rooting my Android.. I decided to try my hands on this new exercise of installing CyanogenMod in HTC Wildfire.
Note: Proceed with caution. I cannot be held responsible if you end up bricking your phone. Happy hacking !!
Lots of patience…….
Things to Remember
We are backing up the Stock ROM(Original) in the below method.
So, if you ever want to restore it back, use the ‘Backup and Restore’ option and select Restore and select the date of the back displayed and give YES.
How to do it??
Well, its quite easy.. follow me in the below steps and you will be good to go..
1) Boot Into HTC BootLoader(holding volume down key and press Power button)
2) Be patient and wait for things to load.. Use volume keys to select RECOVERY and press POWER button.
3) Be patient… (Oh yeah.. really patient..)Wait for a few minutes, the device will load into ClockWorkMod Recovery Mode
4) Select ‘Backup and Restore‘ and then select ‘Backup‘
5) Patience again.. wait until “back up complete” notification appears
6) After backup, select “wipe data/factory reset” and select YES (Wipe your brows of the sweat by the way, its safe)
7) After Step 6 completes, select “Wipe Cache Partition” and select “Yes”
8) Wait till everything is complete.. Patience.. more patience..
Installation of CyanogenMod (Finally !!)
1) Select ‘Install zip from SDCard‘ option and select ‘Choose zip from SD Card‘
2) Then the contents of the Memory Card is displayed. Make sure, you placed the Cyanogen zip file and GApps addon in root of the Memory card.(DO NOT extract the contents of the zip file)
3) Select the cyanogen zip file(for example in our case..,update-cm-22.214.171.124-buzz-signed.zip) and select YES.
4) Patience again. Wait for the installation to complete and you get the notification ‘Install from SD Card complete’, use power button to go to the main menu of Mod. Then select ‘Power Off‘
5) Switch on the device by holding the down volume button and press Power button.
Optional Google Apps Addon Installation.. (Yes.. you can install it..)
Then go into CWM, and using ‘Install from SD Card‘ option to install Google Apps addon. After the installation gets completed, Select ‘Reboot Now’.
Wait for few minutes, then you will see the HTC logo followed by the Cyanogen animated logo, finally your device will be loaded 🙂
Well, let me know your comments and stay tuned for the next How-To series..