This time, for a difference, we decided to get something done with our Android phones. And, the first thing which popped into our heads were rooting our phones to do a bit of frenzy action.
Cutting to the chase, let me get down to the actual process.
- An Android mobile phone (obviously) . For this process, we used a HTC Wildfire A3333 (Running on Eclair[2.1] or Froyo[2.2.1]). If you are in doubt check your device (Settings->About Phone->Software Information->Android Version)
- The HTC Wildfire serial number should start with HT0******* [Its a Zero, not an O]
- Memory card and cable
- ADB Drivers ( A quicker way to do this, is to install HTC Sync and then uninstall it. We only need the drivers, not the sync software)
- Hacked Boot Drivers (Download them here)
- The “Revolutionary” tool. (Download windows here)
- The Root file (Download them here (8463))
First Things First
- Charge your phone completely in Charge Only Mode.
- Install HTC Sync and uninstall them
- Install HBOOT drivers downloaded from the previous step
- Enable USB Debugging in your device(Settings->Applications->Development->Check USB Debugging)
- Extract revolutionary tools into a folder
- Copy the root file on to the memory card of the HTC card. It should be on the root not inside any folder. Do not extract the zip file. Place the zip as it is on to the root of the memory card.
Beginning The Process
- After the device is connected to the computer, give it a minute and then run “Revolutionary.exe” as an Administrator (If you are on a windows 7 or vista machine, right click and run as Administrator)
- A command prompt opens and detects your device.
- Take all the details it generates and go to the revolutionary website and generate a key(should be Alphanumeric).
- Make sure you are connected to the internet
- In the command prompt, when it prompts “Y” to install the ClockWordMod Recovery
- After this downloading and installation completes, the command prompt closes automatically
- Now look at your device, you should be seeing a HTC Bootloader, with S-OFF at the top.
- Use the volume keys to select the Reboot Now option
- Hold the volume down button for 4-5 seconds and press the power button on the top till the screen comes out.
- Use the volume buttons to navigate. Select Recovery using power button.
- The device should now boot into ClockWordMod Recovery mode.
Now, we get to the get the actual process.
- Select Install Zip from SD Card option using optical trackpad key and select the root zip file which we copied in the first step.
- Now comes the hardest part. Wait, till the flashing completes. Then select Reboot Now
- Switch on the device as usual now. You should see a super user application there.
Welcome to the rooted community. You have successfully completed the rooting process.
P.S: Inside Revolutionary, you have to use optical trackpad key to SELECT, and power button for BACK functions.